How to Use This Guide
This user guide provides several ways of moving through topics.
- Top Navigation Menu: Organizes topics into main sections. A drop-down item with an arrow next to it indicates that there is further content on that topic.
- When viewing the guide in a reduced screen size, such as a tablet or phone, the top navigation changes to a hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the right-hand corner.
- Side Menu: Offers a quick way to move through topics.
- Search Bar: Searches all topics in the user guide and provides a glossary definition of the search term if available. It accepts Boolean phrases (e.g., AND, OR).
- Breadcrumbs: Displays your location within the user guide, linking to previous parent topics. Breadcrumbs show which part of the menu you are in and its parent page(s).
- Topic Toolbar: Displays back and forward arrows to move to the previous or next topic; the list button expands or collapses all drop-down text on the page.
A variety of links display throughout the text to provide additional information or navigation. They will appear similarly, as the text will be underlined and in a darker color. These links could be to screenshots, other websites, or a cross-reference to another section of the user guide. Please see below for further information.
- Screenshots: Screenshots display the menu, page, or action the text is referring to. Click the link to load the image on the same page. Click Back in your browser to return to the previous page.
- Links to other websites: These links will include references to the website within the sentence or paragraph. Click the link to load the website in a new window. Click x in the upper right-hand corner of the new window to close that website.
- Cross-references: A cross-reference will take you to the corresponding section of the user guide. Cross-reference links display as lime green when you hover over them with your mouse. Click the link to load the section of the user guide in a new window. Click x in the upper right-hand corner of the new window to close that page.
- Click on the CertLink logo to return to the home page.
- Some text and screenshots vary based on your state and role.
- Images do not reflect real user data.
- The footer displays the date the guide was last updated.